Foster4YourCouncil is a collection of eight Yorkshire Council Fostering Departments. We have come together in partnership to encourage people and families across our great county to consider part time and full time paid fostering in their local communities. As we are all Councils, we are run by and for the people of Yorkshire. By fostering for your Council you ensure that children and young people in care can continue to live within their communities staying close to birth families and attending their local schools.
Why Foster for a Council?
- All Council fostering departments are 100% not for profit ensuring all resources are spent on supporting children in care and their carers.
- As Councils we are also responsible for the children in our care, this ensures you have a joined up service between Childrens Social Work Service and your Fostering Department.
- Councils will always look to place children needing a foster placement with their own carers first, this means you will have few if any gaps in 'placements'.
- Councils only place the children from your local area with their foster families, this means reduced transporting for school and 'family time' with birth families.
- Council Officers and Departments are answerable to elected Councillors who are answerable to YOU.
Please take your time to look through the various pages on this website, if you wish to find out more information about part time or full time fostering then please click on the enquiry button and your details will be sent through to the Council you have selected.