Fostering in Hull
If you live in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire or North Lincolnshire (within a 30 miles of Hull) you can Foster4Hull. There are a high number of looked after children from Hull and we continually approve carers from across our 30 mile radius throughout the year to enable these children to be placed with a diverse range of local carers. We want to find safe and loving homes for all of these children and young people, so if you have a spare bedroom please get in touch for an information pack.
Hull have many different types of fostering available to you and we would particularly like to recruit foster carers who are able to care for:
- Children aged 5 – 17 years old
- Sibling groups
- Children & young people who are disabled and/or have complex needs
- Parent & Child
- Young People 16+ (Supported Lodgings scheme) where we prepare them to live independently
- Unaccompanied asylum seeking children
You can foster full time where a child lives with you as part of your family, or part time as a respite, emergency or support carer.
Hull Fostering welcome enquiries from people of all religions, races, sexualities. Our foster carers reflect a wide range of circumstances and life experiences. You may be married, in a relationship, divorced, widowed, employed or unemployed –we access every application on an individual basis.
Hull City Council values the contribution of their foster carers and offers a generous financial and support package. This includes:
- Fostering fees and allowances which will depend on your skill level and the age of the child you are fostering.
- Comprehensive training programme including the ‘Skills to Foster’ preparatory course and ongoing development opportunities.
- A Fostering (Supervising) Social Worker specifically allocated to you. You will receive continuous support visits which are a chance for you to talk through any problems and share information about children in your care.
- Carer support groups (throughout the city and wider area) and a private online facebook group just for Hull Fostering carers
- Birth children support groups (“Children Who Foster”)
- Access to therapeutic support services and educational support services.
- Direct access to an ‘out of hours’ support telephone service.
- Free Membership to the ‘Fostering Network’ which is a great resource for foster carers.
- Free and discounted passed to leisure facilities in Hull and East Riding for all carers and birth/foster children in the home.
- A “My Max Card” offering a range of family friendly free or discounted activities across the country.
If you’d like to get in contact with us to find out more and to see if you would like to Foster4Hull you can make an enquiry here for an information pack.