Fostering in Bradford
Fostering is a rewarding and challenging experience, one that can give you a sense of purpose as you help change young lives for the better. Bradford Fostering is here to help you on your fostering journey, and we’ll make sure you’ll have the dedicated support and training you need along the way.
Here's a few reasons why we think you should consider fostering with Bradford Council:
- You are helping local children remain in the area they know, close to friends, school and family
- You are likely to be offered regular placements with shorter waiting times between placements
- You will be supported by a fostering social worker and children’s social workers, who are all based in Bradford
- You can be part of the award-winning Mockingbird Family Model of foster care in Bradford
- You will benefit from a 24/7 local duty system that supports you every day of the year
- You will receive peer support from the active fostering community in the Bradford district through the buddy scheme and the local independent foster carer association. You’ll also be given membership to national fostering support services, The Fostering Network, as well as New Family Social if you are from the LGBTQ+ community
- You are working with other professionals local to you in the Bradford district
- You will receive market-leading fees and allowances for the foster care you provide; a weekly skills payment if you foster part-time and a retainer payment for up to 3 months if we cannot offer you a full-time fostering placement
- And because the Council is a non-profit organisation and puts children’s welfare above profit, working with Bradford ensures that Council funds are used to directly support vulnerable children in the Bradford district.
If you live in or near the Bradford district and want to have a no obligations chat with one of the Recruitment Support team, fill in the form and we'll get in touch.